How to Boot to your Desktop instead of Start Screen in Windows 8.1
Windows 8.1 is finally here and with it a bunch of improvements and fixes to the Windows 8 user experience. One improvement that many people have been asking for is the ability to sign in straight to the Desktop and avoid the Start Screen completely. To those non touch screen owners this may be something you have been asking for since day one; well it’s finally here! Here are the instructions on how to boot to the Desktop!
- Go to your desktop by hitting the desktop tile. Simple right?
- Right click the Taskbar.
- Click on Properties.
- Click on the Navigation tab.
- Go to the division that says Start Screen.
- Checkmark the box that says “When I sign in or close all apps…” and hit apply.
- Done! Restart your computer to check if it works!